Welcome to the CHS Counseling Information Center


    Please Visit our College and Career Corner Here: 

    College and Career Corner 


    Clackamas County Community Resources:
    Clackamas County Health, Housing, and Human Services: Main page for most of the below resources (503) 650-5697
    Clackamas County Resources for Teens: Phone numbers, websites, and email support resources for teens
    Public HealthResources for mental and physical health care (503) 742-5300
    Clackamas County Behavioral Health:  Behavioral health resources for families (503) 742-5335. Please call (503) 655-8585 in case of mental crisis.
    Clackamas County Children, Youth, and Families:  Promoting wellness and positive outcomes for families (503) 650-5678
    Community DevelopmentHousing and homeowner resources (503) 655-8591
    District Attorney Family SupportServices to ensure children and families receive financial support (503) 655-8469
    Clackamas Health Center: Provides information related to primary, prenatal, dental and mental health care (503) 655-8471
    Affordable, Special Needs and Transitional Housing: Supportive services for housing (503) 655-8267
    Clackamas County Resolution Services: Resources for resolving and preventing conflicts (503) 655-8415
    Social ServicesResources for seniors, people with disabilities, veterans, and low-income residents of Clackamas County (503) 655-8640
    Employment and TrainingEmployment services for Clackamas County Residents (503) 655-8840
    Prevention and Support Resources:
    • Clackamas County Crisis Line: 503-655-8585 - which provides 24/7, free, and confidential support.
    • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK – which provides 24/7, free, and confidential support. Military veterans may press ‘1’ for specialized care.
    • Oregon Youthline: Call: 877-968-8491, Text: teen2teen to 839863, Chat: online, Email: youthl@linesforlife.org
    • Senior Loneliness Line: 503-200-1633 provides 24/7, free, and confidential support to older adults.
    • The Trevor Project Suicide Prevention Lifeline for LGBTQ youth: 1-866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386)
    • Trans Lifeline's Peer Support Hotline: 877-565-8860 - peer support service run by trans people. 
    • Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 press #1


    Various College Resources (also found on our College and Career Corner page here)


    Colton High School's 'Live' Scholarship Updates Found Here:

    Senior Scholarships

    Scholarship Money

    Junior Scholarships


    OSAC (Office of Student Access and Completion):


    With OSAC, you can:

    • Apply for grants, including the Oregon Promise and Oregon Opportunity
    • Apply for OSAC Scholarships
    • Learn about Financial Aid- Including the FAFSA 


    ECMC Paying for College Presentation:

    English Paying for College: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW9SOlStcEc

    Spanish Paying for College: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9_sR052VJ0&t=65s 


    Oregon Goes to College:

    Helping Oregon students and families with the entire college application process!

    Oregon Goes to College


    The FAFSA is required for accessing most financial aid, grants, and scholarships.  Senior students and their parents need to complete an application.  The first step is creating an FSA ID.  It is important to complete this as soon as possible so that opportunities for financial aid are possible.  The links are below. 


    The PSAT ahould be available to all sophomores in the Spring of 2021. We will keep you updated with current information.

    Scores should have been emailed to all students who took the PSAT test last year.  

    Once you create an account at College Board, you can print your online score report by clicking the View Details button, then clicking Download Report in the top right corner.

    Through your College Board account, you can access FREE personalized practice for the SAT by linking your accounts with Khan Academy.  Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkCoQoZ21U for more information.

    WICHE Program
    Want to go to an out-of-state college, but tuition is too expensive?  See the following website to help make it possible to attend an out-of-state college at fraction of the regular price!
    Please feel free to call (503) 824-2311 or email holstl@colton.k12.or.us if you have any questions, concerns, or need assistance.





If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.